Java Team Lead
· Should be well versed with technology and have experience / capabilities to lead a strong team of developers.
· To be able to work with internal teams and clients as per the needs to design, develop and deliver products/ services that meets the functionality, performance, scale and security requirements provided.
· Expected to lead by example and ensure critical components are delivered on time.
· Should be a team player who can work with the team members and bring out the best as well shape their career paths by inducing best practices to bring best quality and promote individual development.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Lead end-to-end design and development of cutting-edge products.
· Define site objectives by analysing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
· Suggest improvements in systems & processes and assist technical team with issues needing technical expertise.
· Work closely with development team to explain the requirements and constantly monitor the progress.
· Develop and deliver critical components individually as needed.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, judgment and decision-making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure.
· Keep an eye out for open source projects and technology trends that can be introduced in the products.
· Keep the team updated on the upcoming technologies and processes in the relevant area.
· Ensure quality and security to be given at most importance in every delivery without compromising the delivery timelines.
· Ensure the suggested and implemented design are scalable, performant and adaptable for future needs.
· Provide one to one mentoring and support to team members whenever required.
· Support cross projects, cross team delivery as per the needs of our organisation.
· Onsite support is subject to business requirement.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· Master’s or Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Technology, Info Systems, or related field.
· 5-7 years of relevant experience in designing and developing scalable and distributed enterprise applications.
· Expertise in common Java frameworks like Spring, Hibernate.
· Expertise in developing and deploying RESTful Web Services.
· Expertise in developing and executing unit Test cases and mocks.
· Expertise in building and deploying the components / services.
· Experience in managing and optimizing data stores such as MSSQL, Elasticsearch.
· Experience in working with various design tools like Visio.
· Proven ability to drive large scale projects with deep understanding of Agile SDLC, high collaboration and leadership.
· Experience in working with Open source projects is an added advantage
· Certifications in any of the Java frameworks is an added advantage